‘Bad Habit’ singer Steve Lacy to headline at Pasadena Rose Bowl June 2

%E2%80%9CBad+Habit%E2%80%9D+singer+Steve+Lacy+will+be+among+four+others+performing+Friday%2C+June+2%2C+at+the+re%3ASET+show+at+the+Rose+Bowl+in+Pasadena.+Tickets+can+be+purchased+at+resetconcertseries.com.+
Image used with permission from goMoxie
“Bad Habit” singer Steve Lacy will be among four others performing Friday, June 2, at the re:SET show at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. Tickets can be purchased at resetconcertseries.com.

Coming off his No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 single, “Bad Habit,” Steve Lacy will come to Los Angeles County along with Foushee, Toro y Moi and James Blake for a concert Friday, June 2. 

Fans can see Lacy headlining the re:SET concert series at 5 p.m. under the lights of the Pasadena Rose Bowl for the first day of the three L.A. County shows. 

Tickets went on presale for certain buyers Tuesday, Feb. 7, and are now selling at $99.50 for general admission and $250 for VIP admission, which is valid for all three days of the festival featuring numerous artists. 

Originally the guitarist for R&B group The Internet, Lacy began his debut as an artist back in 2017 with his self-titled and self-produced EP titled, Steve Lacy’s Demo. That work included “Dark Red,” which reached No. 78 on the Billboard Hot 100; however, he released his first single in 2015.

The singer has blown up across the globe, reaching 27.2 million monthly listeners on Spotify as of May 14. 

Some students are familiar with the singer but have not decided whether they will go to the concert as of Friday, May 19.

“I like Steve Lacy because he has a really unique voice to him,” sophomore Kastuv Aryal said. “I feel I can relate to his lyrics in many ways.”

Standing at three released albums, Apollo XXI (2019), The Lo-Fis (2020) and Gemini Rights (2022), the alt-R&B singer has had four Grammy nominations, including “Song of the Year” as well as three songs to reach the Billboard Hot 100. 

After the release of his first U.S. No. 1 hit, “Bad Habit,” Lacy hosted a sold-out tour titled, “Give You the World Tour,” after his song, “Give You the World,” off his most recent album, Gemini Rights

Though the tour concluded in Los Angeles on Nov. 11, Lacy’s appearance back in Southern California has caught the interest of some students across campus. 

Lacy also had the opportunity to perform at Coachella, a widely-known music festival, during the second weekend on April 15, which a few students on campus had the chance to attend. 

“I was really excited when I first found out about him coming to L.A.,” junior Nadia Jaurequi said. “I considered going, but I decided not to spend more money since I saw him front row at Coachella.”

For more information about the re:SET concert series and the opportunities to buy tickets for the three nights in Pasadena, go to resetconcertseries.com.