Current Events: Tuesday, April 23
Current Events: Tuesday, April 23
Pricilla Escobedo and Chris Lee April 23, 2024
An artist’s rendering of Ariana Grande’s Eternal Sunshine photoshoot released on Friday, March 8. The photoshoot encapsulates the ethereal aura Grande desires for her album.
MUSIC REVIEW: Ariana Grande opens up new chapter of her life with post-divorce album
Stacy Kim, Feature Editor • April 23, 2024
Current Events: Monday, April 22
Current Events: Monday, April 22
Pricilla Escobedo and Chris Lee April 22, 2024
Current Events: Friday, April 19
Current Events: Friday, April 19
Pricilla Escobedo and Chris Lee April 19, 2024

After seven years guiding Sunny Hills, principal Allen Whitten gets promotion to new position in the district as director of Student Support Services

Henry Lee
Principal Allen Whitten takes the podium to welcome visitors to this year’s Back to School Night on Aug. 31. Starting next semester, Whitten will take on a newly created position in the Fullerton Joint Union High School District as the director of Student Services.

After serving as principal here for seven years since 2014, the Fullerton Joint Union High School District [FJUHSD] has promoted Allen Whitten to a new position as the FJUHSD’s director of Student Support Services.

“I am very excited for this new opportunity, but I will miss Sunny Hills and all of the incredible students and staff, of course,” said Whitten, who will remain as principal until the end of the first semester on Dec. 17. 

Though he will start a new position next year, the principal maintained that his time at Sunny Hills has been “the best seven years of my life.”

After two rounds of interviews among several applicants, recommendation for Board approval will take place Dec. 14, a Dec. 1 announcement from the FJUHSD said. 

“I was thrilled to have advanced through the process and to ultimately be selected,” he said. “[My goals are to] support students and staff across the district with creative solutions to a broad range of challenges faced.”

SH students and families were first notified of the administrative appointment through an email announcement from Whitten Dec. 1 in which the FJUHSD announcement was also attached.

“Please join us in congratulating Allen Whitten as our new director, Student Support Services,” according to the FJUHSD statement. “Under his leadership we look forward to building additional support programs for all of our students and staff members throughout FJUHSD.”

Sunny Hills will have an interim principal starting next January while the FJUHSD will hold an interview process to find Whitten’s replacement. No information was available as of Tuesday, Dec. 7, as to who that person will be.

Be sure to check The Accolade’s online news website for a subsequent story containing reactions from school officials and students about Whitten’s new role in the district and what their thoughts are for what aspects the new SH leader should embody.