Is live-action adaptation of ‘Mulan’ worth $29.99?

The Accolade asks its readers to take the poll below and tell us what you think
Image used with permission from Walt Disney Studios.
Liu Yifei, as Mulan, fights her own inner conflicts and physical battles in the new live action “Mulan” to be released Friday, Sept. 4, for Disney+ subscribers at a cost of $29.99.

Disney fans, it’s finally here.

Not another Star Wars movie.

Or a Marvel Universe flick.

But the latest live-action Disney princess film adapted from 1998’s “Mulan.”

After the rapid spread of the novel coronavirus derailed “Mulan’s” March 9 original U.S. theatrical release date, the company that Mickey Mouse built opted to give Disney+ subscribers an advance showing (Disney calls it, “Premier Access”) of the film from Friday, Sept. 4, to 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard TIme Nov. 2 

To obtain “Premier Access,” though, Disney+ subscribers would have to pay $29.99 — more than half the cost of being able to watch it on the big screen in a theater whenever California Gov. Gavin Newsome deems it safe for such a business to reopen.

Will you be watching the new Live Action Mulan on Disney plus?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Once you have Premier Access to ‘Mulan,’ you can watch [it] as many times as you want on any platform where Disney+ is available,” according to the information posted on Disney+. “Your access to ‘Mulan’ will continue as long as you are an active Disney+ subscriber.”

Given this first-time added feature on Disney+, The Accolade would like to know how many Disney+ subscribers at Sunny Hills would be willing to dish out nearly 30 bucks to watch the live action work starring two different actresses playing the title character at various ages (Crystal Rao as little girl Mulan and Li Yifei as the grownup).

Please fill out our online poll next to this story.

For budget-minded Disney+ subscribers, the nearly two-hour flick — rated PG-13 — will be available to all Disney+ subscribers on Dec. 4, 2020 for no additional cost, according to the streaming service.

So how much of a devoted Disney fan are you?