Juniors Lucas Saab (left) and Eunchong Lee cut out cardboard for their Advanced Placement Environmental Science class in Room 112 on Wednesday, Feb. 14. Students were doing this to examine with a microscope the cardboard and how it catches air particulates.
Sue Kang, Asaph Li, and Noah LeeFebruary 22, 2024
Section editors of the 2022-2023 school year work on newspaper layouts in  The Accolade  room after school. This was a recurring daily routine during the week that print issues were released.
Old-style methods just lower my GPA
Faith Jung, Entertainment Editor • February 19, 2024
Girls tennis player junior Daniela Borruel (center) received her certificate of recognition alongside her two Sunny Hills classmates, who were also in attendance to receive their own certificates for being Adopt-A-Park volunteers, from the Fullerton City Council in City Hall on Tuesday, Jan. 16.
GAME BALL: Girls tennis co-captain earns Fullerton City Council award after finishing 58-0 in high school singles matches last fall
Dareen Hagekhalil, Staff Reporter • February 18, 2024
The Sun family sans the patriarch gather to come up with an important plan in Episode 5, “The Rolodex.”
Netflix’s action-comedy series packs a punch with compelling brother dynamics
Irene Sheen, Managing Editor • February 17, 2024

Debut song by upcoming artist Benson Boone impressive

Jonathan Weiner
After making an impressive appearance on season 19 of the “American Idol” before withdrawing from the competition, 19-year-old Benson Boone returns to the music scene with his debut single. “GHOST TOWN” conveys sorrowful and pensive emotions felt after a breakup.

Whether it’s watching from the sidelines or having first-hand experience, being involved in a sour and rapidly plummeting relationship is a situation many people can relate to.

Upcoming artist Benson Boone seamlessly deals with this topic in his outstanding debut single, “GHOST TOWN,” that features great vocals and perfectly conveys a declining relationship between two lovers.

This pop ballad song begins with the singer feeling guilty that the relationship is one-sided, with his girlfriend giving him everything and him not returning anything: “You fill me up til’ you’re empty / I took too much and you let me.”

Now that the relationship is going downhill, the singer wishes to reminisce about all the things they have experienced together as a final goodbye.

The tone of the singer’s voice reflects his sadness as he believes that the relationship weighs down his girlfriend and brings her unhappiness.

The cinematography of Boone’s music video depicts the singer playing with his friends and girlfriend, which along with the monochrome color, compliments the sad tone of the song and creates an even more devastating picture: that all of that happiness was in the past and now, with the relationship coming to an end, life has lost its meaning.

Despite the song ending with no hope for the future, the song remains powerful as it speaks about ending a relationship which many can resonate with.

By ending the song without hope, Boone lets the listener know that even though it seems like life becomes painfully dull after a breakup, they are not alone in the struggle.

Boone’s Oct. 15, 2021 release shows talent for setting a tone in a pop song using his voice as well as writing meaningful lyrics, which is very impressive for someone’s debut song and shows potential for his presences in the music industry.