The Accolade

Damaged smoke detector in boys P.E. locker room prompts alarm to go off, 25-minute evacuation Dec. 5

One of the smoke detectors in the boys P.E. locker room that got damaged looks similar to this one. The malfunction caused the fire alarm to go off Dec. 5 near the end of Period 1. Photo taken by Accolade photographer Paul Yasutake

Isaac Choi

December 12, 2019

A damaged sensor to a smoke detector in the boys P.E. locker room prompted Sunny Hills’ fire alarm to go off last week, prompting the evacuation of all classrooms from near the end of Period 1 to part of Period 2. “We had a great response,” principal Allen Whitten said. “The staff and stud...

The Student News Site of Sunny Hills High School
News