Juniors Lucas Saab (left) and Eunchong Lee cut out cardboard for their Advanced Placement Environmental Science class in Room 112 on Wednesday, Feb. 14. Students were doing this to examine with a microscope the cardboard and how it catches air particulates.
Sue Kang, Asaph Li, and Noah LeeFebruary 22, 2024
Section editors of the 2022-2023 school year work on newspaper layouts in  The Accolade  room after school. This was a recurring daily routine during the week that print issues were released.
Old-style methods just lower my GPA
Faith Jung, Entertainment Editor • February 19, 2024
Girls tennis player junior Daniela Borruel (center) received her certificate of recognition alongside her two Sunny Hills classmates, who were also in attendance to receive their own certificates for being Adopt-A-Park volunteers, from the Fullerton City Council in City Hall on Tuesday, Jan. 16.
GAME BALL: Girls tennis co-captain earns Fullerton City Council award after finishing 58-0 in high school singles matches last fall
Dareen Hagekhalil, Staff Reporter • February 18, 2024
The Sun family sans the patriarch gather to come up with an important plan in Episode 5, “The Rolodex.”
Netflix’s action-comedy series packs a punch with compelling brother dynamics
Irene Sheen, Managing Editor • February 17, 2024

New varsity and JV coaches to lead girls tennis

Sophomore Carolyn Tran starts her tennis serve toss during practice at Aug. 14. Photo taken by Accolade photographer Brianna Zafra.

Coaches: Christopher Ghareebo, Minhoh Han (JV coach)

Top Returning Players: Natalija Glavy (10), Emily Kim (12), Carolyn Tran (10)

Outlook: After guiding the girls tennis team for two years, Madeline Heer moved on this season to take an assistant tennis coaching position at Biola University. Boys tennis head coach, Christopher Ghareebo, has taken over with new math teacher Minhoh Han as the head Junior Varsity coach.

As in past years, the Lady Lancers will work to reach their goal of dethroning rival Troy High School Warriors for the Freeway League title.

“[Troy] is always our rival,” Ghareebo said. “It’s always between us two for the league [title] so our goal this year is to beat Troy [because] beating them means that we’re probably going to win league.”

No. 1 singles player sophomore Carolyn Tran said she and her teammates must make mental adjustments to defeat the Warriors and come away with the league title.

“I think the team’s weakness is having no motivation,” Tran said. “I also want to work on not getting so mad at myself. If we can improve these, then we will be much more successful.”

Senior Emily Kim, another top singles player, also noted the challenge of adjusting to another new coach.

“We’ve had four different coaches [with] coach Ghareebo being the fourth,” Kim said. “Having coaches come and go so frequently has definitely been very hard and frustrating at times, but that’s just how it is.”

But Ghareebo is optimistic about the season.

“All the hard work during the off-season will pay off,” he said. “Let’s go win [the league title]!”